Monday, February 1, 2010

Bare with me here. I am technologically inept, but I will eventually figure all this out and figure out how to post pictures etc, with the help of my more tech-savvy friends.

So, apparently Katie Lee (Joel) is attempting to reap a profit on the townhouse that she shared with her jilted Rock-Star husband, Billy. Here Manhattan is a veritable graveyard of building shells. Architects aren’t working. Annie Leibovitz is in foreclosure. Prices have bottomed out, and this dame thinks she can flip this house. Is it possible that their marriage was nothing but a real estate transaction? Probably not, but as the market climbs and the resales begin, it’s a moment to indulge the fantasy of living in her lovely Nate Berkus designed townhouse – or, just maybe, take a look-see!

The Post reported last week that Anderson Cooper has purchased a Firehouse listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Not to reveal said location, but yours truly does know the area and let’s just say – it is two doors down from my first official address in NYC. Damn! Where was A.C. when I was trekking my boney ass up and down West 3rd Street? (Whoops) It plagues me to wonder if we would have shared the same membership at the nearby NY Sports Club. Or perhaps run into each other at Citarella or Jefferson Market, whilst shopping for Perrier and fresh produce. Ah me. Just to wonder!

In other news:

Watching the Grammys last night, I couldn’t help but think … really? Is this the state of our generation’s music? While I do reside in the church of Gaga, I do not find myself entranced by the sugar sweet sunshine that is Taylor Swift. I do understand the appeal. Her music is cute, she’s a precocious young thing, very cute and talented. But the fact that she is scoring all of these awards over the likes of Lady Gaga, Kings of Leon, Beyonce and a posthumous Michael Jackson is beyond me. Since when did anyone beat out a absolute music legend with lyrics like…

“But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts/She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers

Well, I must admit it is catchy! And when I am waxing nostalgic for my old blue Taurus (Lucille), Kate and Leo and my younger years, I just may turn my Pandora station over to Taylor and her anxious teenage lyrics. I will say one thing! My interest is peaked to see where her career goes from here.

MY Song of the Day: “Way Out” Yeah Yeah Yeahs or “Perfect Situation” Weezer

Lisiting/Neighborhood OF THE DAY: 239 Park Avenue South. One bed with Terrace!! Steps from Gramercy Park!!

(http://www.hartdiamond.com/hartdiamond/ListingDetails.aspx?listingid=411854)

No comments:

Post a Comment