Thursday, March 11, 2010

The New L.E.S. -- L0WER, Lower East Side.

While previewing apartments yesterday, I found myself in the lower depths of the Lower East Side. Having eaten at a sushi restaurant, sipped cocktails at a wine bar and grabbed a cookie a vegan bakery in this area of the L.E.S. (slightly below Delancey), I was slightly familiar with this fledgling neighborhood. However, on this particular late Winter/early Spring day, it looked different to me. Perhaps it was my good mood, the warm weather or the way the golden afternoon light hit the NYC pavement, but I began to fall in love.

The slight hint of the 18th arrondissement in Paris. The lovely shops windows, the fabulous new restaurants and bars. And, mais oui, the presence of my favorite denim provider ... Earnest Sewn!

Here are some street shots taken in the movement. I am posting them today, submitting them for your approval and as I do ... I ask. The lower Lower East Side; the new hot neighborhood? I say yes.












No comments:

Post a Comment