Friday, March 19, 2010

Those Eyes, Those Eyes!


So, I know it's no news flash, but I recently saw "Eyes of Laura Mars," and I have to say that I believe it to be one of the chicest movies I've ever seen. Before you guffaw at my proclamation, consider it.

From Faye Dunaway's costumes (those chic capes, scarfs and hats. Her outfit she wears in the book party scene is to die for!) to her oh so handsome penthouse. I just love that she is chauffeured around in a station wagon. So chic! Her studio in the ridiculously large converted factory. Forget it! Everything about this movie exclaims Fashion, Taste, Glamour! Even the movie poster is stunning.

Lastly, I question... have we stumbled upon the inspiration with the ultra vogue Monsieur Francois Nars? Look at the poster, which happens to be the cover of her book in the film -- me thinks it resembles Nars' fabulous packaging.

Below are some shots of Laura's apartment. Inspiration for my future Park Avenue pad?





No comments:

Post a Comment