Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday's Style



As I got dressed this morning, I stumbled across a pair of trousers that I haven't worn for five years! Originally purchased to wear to a very good friend's engagement party, I was much thinner then and haven't been able to fit into them in some time. Well, I was delighted to find that today, although a little snug, they fit. Brown and cropped, with a tiny gray pinstripe, I sort of dig them. I slipped on the obligatory boat shoes, a red vintage polo and my beige, light-weight Gucci sweater, topped it all of with a mixture of Prada Infusion D'Homme with a splash of No. 6 After Shave by Caswell-Massey and ventured out to my office. As I walked down 28th Street, I realized that if I had managed to put on a pair of white socks (a move I will surely be sure to make when I recreate this outfit in the future.) I would be dressed like Gene Kelly.

Mister Kelly, is one of style icons ... so on this lazy Friday, I thought it might be fun to reveal my, not so secret, style icons. I suppose one might say that they aren't too, too orginal, but I would like to think that it's the way I put my ensembles together that make it a little different -- plus I always like to look a little dirty. As always, there's more than a couple here, so grin and bear it! Enjoy.

Steve McQueen
Gene Kelly
Paul Newman
Kate Moss
Paul Newman No. 2 and Joanne Woodward
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Serge Gainsbourg
Gene Kelly No. 2
Kate No. 2
Double Time: Emmanuelle Alt and Carine Roitfeld
The Olsen Sisters
Jacqueline No. 2
Daphne Guinness

No comments:

Post a Comment